Multi-wire cutting equipments for efficient magnets machining
Multi-wire saw has been used for the machining of hard brittle material, such as silicone, semiconductor and sapphire, and gradually took the place of traditional inner slicing machine. Multi-wire saw is also introduced to the machining process of rare earth permanent magnet by Chinese manufacturers, and achieved good results.
For rapidly and efficiently machining rare earth magnets, U-Polemag has made a huge investment in new plant for multi-wire saw equipments for allowing integration of a wire cutting process into a high volume production scale operation.
Working Principle of Multi-wire Saw
Multi-wire saw depend mainly on reciprocating motion of thin steel wire, then enable grinding and cutting for material. Due to the environmental item, Silicon Carbide mortar has virtually been abandoned by users, and resin bonded diamond line has become mainstream.
Advantages of Multi-wire Saw
- Avoiding magnet materials waste and improving the yield product
- Rapidly and efficiently machining magnets
- Superior cutting precision with good consistency.
- Surfaceroughness is low, and free of follow-up grinding process and its machining allowances.
- Sludgescraps easy to recycle.